Thursday, February 19

No Real News

Nothing really worth posting but it has been a few days.

EMT class tonight:

Module 1 Exam (75 questions) and Practical Stations (Oxygen therapy, Single Rescuer Bag-Valve-Mask, Pocket Mask with O2, airways and suctioning).

I’ll find out how I did on the test Monday. I know I missed some from the test (I aced the practicals) but would be shocked if I scored below a 90%. I hate missing questions… This whole process is good as it gives me a feel for what my students go through all the time.

On call tonight from 0000 to 0600 and tomorrow from 1200 to 1800.

Home:
No school for my kids this week so the wife and I are taking turns staying home. My kids decided it was “underwear” day and ran around mostly naked all day. I did not put up a fight because if I could I would do the same (though it would cause major cardiac events wherever I went).


Work:
Department meeting this week to discuss fall teaching assignments. I’ll be teaching statistics in the fall. I’ll explain some other time why this is good (no, it isn’t because I am a sadist).

I just got a great paper to review for a journal. What a pleasure to read a well conceived and written paper by someone who knows what she is talking about. You would think that all scientists would submit papers to peer-reviewed journals that fit the above description but you would be wrong.

Thanks for reading.