Sunday, July 16

I have risen / "Why isn't this patient on a backboard?"

Regarding my death...
To Verizon's credit (so to speak), they contacted the credit agencies and proclaimed that my death was exaggerated. It is good to be alive...


And then...

Our call last night seemed to be going fine until the doc on duty, who happens to be our medical director, says "Why isn't this patient on a backboard?" There were a lot of reasons I won't go into here. And in the end the patient checked out fine. But it was NOT a good feeling having him ask (it was the tone of voice - It wasn't really a question, but more of a lecture disguised as a question). I wish he would have REALLY asked the question, as I had answers. Maybe they were good answers and perhaps they were not and it could have been a learning experience for me. In the end, though, asking as he did in front of my crew, nurses and others at the hospital bothered me (perhaps I am just being defensive...).

DJ